Saturday, May 29, 2010

Prince Of Persia from Pixels to Perfection


Firstly I would so want to say that... I watched Prince of Persia on the 28th itself and...
WOOHOO!!! PRINCE OF PERSIA - THE SANDS OF TIME IS SO AWESOME!!

That definitely did not express how much the movie really made me go "OOOH" and "AHHH" and "WOOOOW" . Even more if you readers have not come into contact with the original game before, you would not understand how close the whole movie resembles the game. I am talking about the oh so awesome action sequences of course. Before I say more, let me give you a VERY brief idea of how it has evolved from  Pixels to The Greatest Movie Ever! ...








It reminds me of all the times I had to take a leap of faith *or two*, rushing to a closing gate after stepping on a floor switch screens away, countless of deaths from falls that always never fail to make me feel like a loser looking at the screen blink red and me just looking at my motionless, white clothed character lying on a bed of spikes, or trying to figure out the correct timing to slash at the numerous guards and foes *only happens IF I even remember where to find the sword in the first place*. If you can't see the short clip above and you want to see how the game-play is like click here

From a flat-faced hero, to the more rugged charming looking three dimensional hunk? See for yourself!



See the resemblance to the current Prince Dastan? Oh the realness of it all! Fantasy to Reality in the making!


Don't get me wrong its not that I'm fascinated by him *Jake Gyllenhaal* portraying the prince or the fact that he looks so spot-on with the video game version of the prince although I find that his sister *Maggie Gyllenhaal* is one other interesting personality to follow. Anyway, Its not just him! He's just one of the many points of awesomeness that make up this wonderful movie. Well then again maybe you girls out there would still say otherwise..


Now now hold up a sec. The prince for the ladies to oogle at, what about for the guys? I present to you Princess Tamina..


Whoops apologies not really the right situation to you a princess all wet and in the midst of escaping. Here's a somewhat more appropriate moment..


Ah what alluring beauty to behold. Gemma Arterton is so HAWT -quote Misopris-
To that I totally agree. Who else could it have been to further enhance the experience of a realistic journey through the tale of a Persian kingdom threatened by betrayal, a story of a guardian's sacred vow to protect the only object that ensures the very existence of the world and how one man fights for self-righteousness of his own and for what others that he believes in. Gemma plays this very important role as Princess Tamina of the sacred city of Alamut.

No epic story would be totally complete without the bad-ass bad guy! Meet Nazim, the King of Persia's brother and advisor. Nasty I tell you! maybe he should be called "Nazim the Nasty" ..


I have to admit when I wondered away about the movie while watching it *yes my thoughts still do tend to wonder off every now and then, even during an epic awesome movie like Prince Of Persia* I instantly thought of who would be the meanie this time and A-HA! Nizam appears on screen and immediately you just have to assume that he's the one responsible for future problems in the kingdom. Like really if you'd just look at him, eyeliner that thick, dark clothing, a rather bossy, overly confident stature of a man, looking rather resentful of whatever he may be pondering or plotting about the evilness of him, and not a smile on his face.  O_o
Just when you think you've solved a case of who-done-it near the beginning of the movie, the story takes a twist and you're completely diverted to some other person who also may seem to be the guilty as hell bad guy. Ah but you all know better, don't you?

Sir Ben Kingsley = Greatness
"  Muahaha!! I Kill You..  " 

Throughout the entire story, immerse yourself in the most enchanting soundtrack. With its Persian-ish feel and mood, you'd feel like you're right in the middle of the desert along with everyone else in the movie. Dreaminess~  and Alanis Morissette lends in her awesomeness too! She wrote the song "I Remain" for the movie! Need I remind you again why Prince Of Persia The Sands Of Time is just AWESOME ?


Okay now back to the movie. Be prepared for amazing, jaw-dropping jumps and leaps from buildings, action sequences that will leave you rooting for the good guys, and a good load of funny amusing moments and lines, all in all a definitely jolly good time in front of a movie screen. Now if only movie tickets were cheaper, I'd go for repeats for this movie again and again! Enjoy. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment