Monday, January 26, 2009

The Eve Of CNY

Nothing much happened for the day. Just waited and waited for the evening to come.
Yahooo! family reunion time! Got ready and all that, picked up my aunt on the way, and we just remembered that we forgot something..
My nephew's and niece's names!! Yup so all the way we were trying to get their names right. Sorry la we don't usually meet them much thats why can't really remember. We went to the Overseas restaurant at Jaya One in PJ.


Entrance from the carpark


Inside the restaurant

The place was really awesome! Food there was super nice too! have to pay quite a sum for it of course they'll make sure its all nice and yummy. Service was great as well! the lady that was serving us was really efficient and I wonder why she had to change our plates and bowls every time a new dish was served. The person washing all of 'em must be like Foooh!

We got one of the private rooms and the cool thing about it is the room was numbered 2009! I Met with all my other uncles, aunts, and of course the cousins who are like older than me. Used to not talk much with them because of that age gap (explains the introverted-ness of me every time I meet my relatives). Now its waaay better la I guess like coz we go through the same stuff nowadays. It was all pleasant except for one hyper kid who didn't have enough sleep my nephew and lil niece who was trying to keep up with him. Eventually she got tired and she ended up on mommy's lap for the rest of the dinner.. and yes the lil dude was still running around hyper.

Overall dinner was really great we talked all sorts caught up with each other and everything. The restaurant even gave us some err.. stuff to take home a few boxes of egg rolls, beer cans, and wine! Few of us brought our own wine so I did something really N.B.T.D. thing with some wine and the Chinese tea. IF anyone of you don't know yet.. I'm not really into wine or any kind of alcoholic stuff so the wine was a lil too bitter for me. So I mixed a bit of both. =P

Dropped by one of my relative's house after dinner. Now everyone's a bit more relaxed and settle down.. Us youngsters get bombarded with the usual interrogation by our aunts and uncles. my nephew then took out his toys and played around.. including this bag of building blocks and he made stuff up. Haha! things lil kids do with their imagination. He made two robots which well, to most others looked not one bit like robots.

Then since i felt a lil N.B.T.D. again I took apart one of the bots he gave us and TADA~! made it into a space fighter ship thingy. Nephew saw it and he was like *mouth wide open.. well not too wide* took it then started playing with it. Now i'm amused. This is like "First Contact" with him coz considering the time I spend with my relatives is kinda like onCe in a bLue MooN, we got along together pretty well I'll say.

I offered to make a bigger one with him and he was like "OK" took apart the other bot and started expanding the one i already made. Really awesome to be able to bond with your nephews and niece I tell you now I know why some people just like children. Here's what we both came up with..


Separates into 4 different Mini Crafts!

He took it up played around with it aww it was so cool! Then without even knowing it, he could separate parts of the whole thing into a helicopter, another mini ship, and a submarine. Ahh I soooo used to do that too when I was at that age. Super syok-ed with the whole masterpiece, next he asked if I could make another one like the one from Ultraman Dyna. Was kinda rusty with all that past kiddie knowledge of mine so I err.. Taught him how to make paper aeroplanes instead. =D

NOTE TO ALL : I don't ever take alot of pics so apologies for only words

But I just can't miss this one so I took a shot. Here he is!




Before we went home it was already past 12 midnight so we got Our Red Packets! Said bye bye to everyone. And so after the Eve of CNY.. GONG XI FA CAI!

No comments:

Post a Comment